Minnesota Housing Released the following dates for its 2021 Multifamily Consolidated Request for Proposals (RFP)/2022 LIHTC Round 1:
- Thursday, February 11: Pre-application released for Innovative Construction Techniques;
- Mid-March: Consolidated RFP application materials and Section 811 PRA pre-application released;
- Wednesday, April 14 at noon: Pre-application for Innovative Construction Techniques due;
- Wednesday, April 14: Consolidated RFP published and Intent to Apply and application materials available in the Multifamily Customer Portal;
- Thursday, May 20 at noon: Intent to Apply deadline – required for all eligible Multifamily applications (date may change based on state legislative actions);
- Thursday, May 20 at noon: Section 811 PRA Program pre-application due;
- Thursday, June 10: Applicants will be notified of Section 811 PRA Program eligibility;
- Thursday, June 17 at noon: Site control and qualification forms due;
- Thursday, July 15 at noon: Multifamily application deadline; and
- December: Minnesota Housing Board meeting.
Save the Date for Minnesota Housing’s virtual RFP and Technical Assistance Kickoff event on March 3. New to this year’s Multifamily Consolidated RFP, Minnesota Housing is offering a selection preference for projects that will use Innovative Construction Techniques (ICT). To be eligible for this selection preference, a pre-application is required for projects that will achieve or will pilot a technique to achieve one or both of the following goals:
- Reduce total construction cost by at least ten percent and/or
- Reduce the time a project is under construction by at least 20 percent.
Please refer to the 2022-2023 Self-Scoring Worksheet for additional details on how the preference will be used to evaluate different project proposal types that apply in the Multifamily Consolidated RFP, and in accordance with the 2022-2023 Qualified Allocation Plan and the Consolidated RFP Application Instructions.
- Thursday, February 11: ICT pre-application materials released;
- Wednesday, April 14 at noon: ICT pre-applications due; and
- Wednesday, May 12: Minnesota Housing will review pre-applications and inform applicants whether their proposed ICT is approved for the ICT preference no later than May 12.
For questions about ICT, please contact staff architect Mike Thomas.