We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as Managing Director of Multifamily.
This important role is a member of the Leadership Team of Virginia Housing and is responsible for motivating, developing, directing and guiding the Rental Housing division. The Managing Director of Multifamily works collaboratively with the core business units of Capital Markets, Community Outreach, and Legal in the development of specific activities and the allocation of resources to address Virginia’s critical housing needs, including the provision of loan origination and underwriting, in-house loan servicing, design & construction reviews, technical assistance, asset management and compliance, business technology, and legal resources. The role also advances the development of the Qualified Allocation Plan for the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Program, which is approved by the Governor of Virginia. The Managing Director interacts with various stakeholders including non-profit and for-profit developers, local housing authorities, local government officials, and advocates and has an overall responsibility for ensuring that Virginia Housing can continue to provide rental opportunities to low and moderate-income households and support local community housing and revitalization strategies through mixed-use/mixed-income financing.
Responsibilities will include:
- Works collaboratively with business units within Virginia Housing on the development, implementation and monitoring of strategies to advance housing opportunities in response to market and stakeholder needs.
- Continuously evaluates the performance of the division and implements process improvements.
- Identifies and mitigates single points of failure within the division and develop effective succession plans.
- Represents the Rental Housing division in development and execution of Virginia Housing’s strategic plan.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- Advanced degree in public administration, urban planning, community development, finance, business administration or similar area or equivalent professional/technical certification.
- Many years of progressive leadership experience in an executive role in the community development, economic development, finance and affordable housing industry.
- Thorough knowledge or experience managing all phases of housing development projects, including identifying new projects, developing feasibility analyzes, obtaining local approvals, developing and revising proformas, and managing the design, financing and construction phases.
- Senior level experience managing professional staff.
- Experience analyzing and executing complex commercial transactions, managing legal risks, and negotiating complex agreements and financial instruments.
- Working knowledge of federal and state housing programs.
- Experience in driving strategy and enterprise priorities.
- Hands on experience performance coaching team members to meet their potential.
- An innovative, problem-solving mindset with ability to think strategically.
Preferred experience includes an advanced degree with knowledge and progressive responsible work experience in project finance or lending with relevant duties, including experience in analyzing and executing complex commercial transactions, managing legal risks, and negotiating complex agreements and financial instruments.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This position will remain open until filled.
This position will be located at our Glen Allen, VA office.
Hiring Range: $217,337 – $282,536
Hybrid work model (3 days in office, 2 days remote)
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
– EOE –
To apply for this job please visit us63.dayforcehcm.com.