Several members of NH&RA were recognized among the nation’s top developments of 2014-15, as chosen by the Affordable Housing Finance 11th Annual Readers’ Choice Awards. AHF announced 34 finalists in nine categories.
The following properties developed and/or financed by NH&RA members were recognized in each category:
- Northside Housing Initiative II in Milwaukee; developed by Gorman & Co.
- Sage Park Apartments in Los Angeles; developed by BRIDGE Housing Corp.
- Woodrow Wilson Commons in Long Branch, N.J.; developed by Pennrose Properties and Maestro Community Development Corp.
Historic Rehab Finalists:
- A-Mill Artist Lofts in Minneapolis; developed by Dominium
- Lloyd House in Menominee, Mich.; developed by The Woda Group
- COMM22 in San Diego; developed by BRIDGE Housing Corp. and MAAC Project
- MetroTowns at Parkside, The Linda Joy and Kenneth Jay Pollin Community in Washington, D.C.; developed by Pollin Memorial Community Development, a joint venture between Enterprise Homes and the Abe Pollin Estate
- Shops and Lofts at 47 in Chicago; developed by The Community Builders (residential) and Skilken and Troy Enterprises (commercial)
- The Lakewoods Apartments in Dayton, Ohio; developed by Millennia Housing Development and Eternal Housing Fund
Public Housing Redevelopment Finalists:
- Bristol Commons and Lenox Green in Taunton, Mass.; developed by Trinity Financial and Taunton Housing Authority
- Rush Crossing in Trenton, N.J.; developed by Pennrose Properties and Trenton Housing Authority
- Meadow Park Apartments in Clinton, Ind.; developed by Herman & Kittle Properties and Little Italy Festival Town, Inc.
- Seton Village in Emmitsburg, Md.; developed by Homes for America
- Chimes Terrace in Johnstown, Ohio; developed by National Church Residences
- VanKeuren Square in Syracuse, N.Y.; developed by Housing Visions
- Celadon at 9thand Broadway in San Diego; developed by BRIDGE Housing Corp.
- Hope Manor II in Chicago; developed by Volunteers of America of Illinois and Volunteers of America