NCHMA Professional Member Designation
In order to remain in good standing, all NCHMA members must complete the following components:
- Maintain an active NH&RA/NCHMA Membership (Company Requirement);
- Adhere to the NCHMA Member Designation Endorsement Form (Individual Requirement); and
- Obtain at least 32 hours of continuing education units over a two-year period (Individual Requirement).
All analysts wishing to use NCHMA’s Professional Member Designation must be actively employed by a dues paying member firm.
NCHMA requires members who sign and certify reports using the NCHMA Professional Member Designation to complete a minimum of 32 hours of continuing education units (CEUs) over the course of two years. The Professional Member Designation Program operates on a calendar year (not the firm’s membership year), which means an individual must earn at least 32 CEUs between January 1 and December 31 of the next year. At least 8.0 of the hours must be attained through one of the following means:
- Attend a NCHMA Hosted Conference in person. NCHMA hosts at least two in-person conferences annually.
- Attend and complete a full NCHMA Market Study Fundamentals in-person or training session. NCHMA typically hosts one or two in-person training sessions in partnership with housing finance agencies.
- Participate as faculty at a NCHMA Market Study Fundamentals in-person or virtual training session.
- Complete all 3 components of NCHMA’s Virtual Market Study Fundamentals training session.
- Designated individual submits and completes NCHMA’s Peer Review process. See NH&RA website for details.
- Author a NCHMA commissioned white paper.
In order to receive credit, each Member Designate must submit this form to indicate the courses they completed to meet the CE requirement. The form is due by December 15 for each year that the member maintains the Designation. Continuing Education Submissions are subject to audit by NCHMA staff. Please submit this form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Late Completion of CE and/or Payment of Membership Dues
If an individual does not complete the required CE by the end of the two-year period, they will be granted a one-month grace period to do so. An additional five-month extension may be obtained for a $150 fee. If the CE has not been completed by the standard 24 months plus the six-month extensions, your Professional Member Designation will be suspended.
If your firm does not pay its membership dues within the one-month grace period of your firm’s renewal date, your Professional Member Designation will be suspended until your firm pays its dues and a $150 late fee.
This document governs how NCHMA’s Professional Member Designation and logo can be used in promotional materials, etc. Click here to download the use agreement.
Adherence to Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Practice
One of NCHMA’s chief aims is to maintain the public trust in the professional work conducted by its members. The NCHMA Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Practice were developed with this objective in mind. In this document we address the following topics: Honesty & Integrity, Confidentiality, Independence & Objectivity, Competency and Professionalism. All analysts wishing to use NCHMA’s Professional Member Designation must adhere to NCHMA’s Code of Ethics.
If NH&RA/NCHMA Staff and the NCHMA Ethics Committee determine that a Member Designate has not upheld the NCHMA Code of Ethics, we have the right to revoke that person’s professional member designation.