Applications for Delaware State Housing Authority’s Housing Development Fund (HDF) for Special Populations are now available. The $1.5 million Special Populations HDF loan creates and increases the supply of affordable housing for special needs populations through funding the following eligible activities:
- Emergency homeless shelter;
- Permanent supportive housing for persons with disabilities (i.e. mental illness, physical disabilities, persons with intellectual/developmental disabilities, persons with HIV/Aids, etc.);
- Re-entry housing;
- Substance abuse recovery housing/facilities;
- Youth aging out of foster care; and
- Other DSHA approved activities (must receive DSHA approval prior to application).
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until funds are no longer available. Technical Assistance Meetings are required prior to applying.