The jockeying for cabinet and leadership positions within a Biden administration is well underway. We’ll keep a running list of names that are rumored to be in consideration, but note that this list already is out-of-date the second it is published, and that NH&RA is not endorsing any potential candidate, but rather relaying the potential candidates that we’re aware of. The Biden-Harris transition team put out an official list of the Agency Review Teams and several news sources are covering the rumor mill including, The New York Times, Politico, and Forbes, among others.
- Karen Bass (D-CA);
- Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms;
- Alvin Brown, former mayor of Jacksonville, FL;
- Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti;
- Maurice Jones, president and CEO, Local Initiatives Support Corporation;
- Deval Patrick, former governor of Massachusetts; and
- Diane Yentel, president and CEO, National Low Income Housing Coalition.
- Lael Brainard, Federal Reserve Board of Governors – Washington Post Article;
- Raphael Bostic, president and CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta;
- Sylvia Burwell, former Secretary of Health and Human Services;
- Roger Furgeson, former vice chairman of the Federal Reserve Board of Governors;
- Mellody Hobson, president and co-CEO, Ariel Investments;
- Sarah Bloom Raskin, former Deputy Secretary of the Treasury;
- Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA);
- Janet Yellen, former chair of the Federal Reserve Board of Governors; and
- Jeff Zients, former director of the National Economic Council.
- Representative Cheri Bustos (D-IL);
- Representative Marcia Fudge (D-OH);
- Heidi Heitkamp, former North Dakota senator; and
- Senator Amy Klobuchar (D-MN).
- Jared Bernstein, senior fellow, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities;
- Heather Boushey, president & CEO, Washington Center for Equitable Growth;
- Jason Furman, professor of the practice of economic policy, Harvard Kennedy School; and
- Gene Sperling, former director of the National Economic Council.