FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(March, 11 2022) – NH&RA members elected its Board of Directors for the 2022-23 term. The election took place following NH&RA’s annual meeting, which also kicked off the association’s 50th anniversary celebrations.
“NH&RA has spent the last 50 years helping the affordable housing industry make connections and leverage best practices to deliver more housing. We look forward to the next 50 years and beyond.” NH&RA President Thom Amdur said at the group’s annual meeting.
“Two years of the COVID-19 pandemic has reinforced the in the public conscious the role safe, decent affordable housing plays in securing the health and well-being of Americans across the country, observed Amdur. “We are proud of our members for working hard to answer that call and grateful for the leadership of our executive officers and board of directors and their stewardship in these unprecedented times. The fact that NH&RA membership and activities continues to grow is a testament to the staying power and value of our organization,” Amdur said.
In addition to electing the board of directors slate, Geoffrey Brown, president and CEO of USA Properties Fund, was elected chairman of the NH&RA board of directors. “I am pleased to take on this role with NH&RA, where all sectors of affordable housing and historic preservation have a forum to discuss solutions in today’s economic and regulatory environment,” said Brown. “NH&RA provides us with a forum to take a step back, get away from our daily routine, meet great people within the industry who are willing to share their experiences and innovation within the industry. You can go a lot of places to get updates but what separates NH&RA is the ability to think innovative, to explore new trends in policy and what the environment is creating. It is a vital think tank for our industry. As we celebrate 50 years, continuing our innovative and important work in the coming year.”
Brown also thanked outgoing chair Holly Wiedemann, founding principal and president of AU Associates, Inc., for her service as board chair, “Holly’s term was extended an additional year to help provide leadership continuity through COVID-19. I want to praise Holly’s leadership during this time. The organization is in a very strong place and she deserves a lot of credit.”
Additionally, Joan Hoover and Milton Pratt were elected vice chairs, Sharon Wilson Genó was elected treasurer and Armand Tiberio was elected secretary.
The full list of NH&RA’s officers and Board of Directors is below.
NH&RA 2022 Officers
- Geoffrey Brown, USA Properties Fund, Inc., Roseville, CA
- Joan Hoover, Rochester, NY
- Milton Pratt, The Michaels Organization, Marlton, NJ
- Sharon Wilson Géno, Volunteers of America, Alexandria, VA
- Armand Tiberio, CBRE Affordable Housing, Seattle, WA
- Katten – Ken Lore
NH&RA 2022 Board of Directors
- David M. Abromowitz, Goulston & Storrs P.C.
- Charles Anderson, CREA
- Ben Applegate, Applegate & Thorne-Thomsen P.C.
- Chris Barnes
- Brent Lee Barringer, Monarch Private Capital
- Maria Barry, Bank of America
- Kenan Bigby, Trinity Financial Inc.
- Dana S. Boole, CAHEC
- Holly Bray, NEWMARK
- Claudia Brodie, McCormack Baron Salazar, Inc.
- Eli Miles Bronfman, Lincoln Avenue Capital, LLC*
- Rodger L. Brown, Jr., Preservation of Affordable Housing, Inc.
- Corenia Burlingame, Miles & Stockbridge P.C.*
- Laura E. Burns, Eagle Point Enterprises LLC
- Orlando J. Cabrera, Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- Tom Capp, Gorman & Company, LLC
- Rob Charest, Boston Financial Investment Management
- Josh Cohen, Beacon Communities
- Alan S. Cohen, Holland & Knight LLP
- Suzie Cope, Lument
- Lawrence H. Curtis, WinnDevelopment
- Derek G. DeHay, Lument
- Dan Duda, Churchill Stateside Group LLC
- Will Eckstein, Greystone Affordable Development
- Eleanor M. C. Fanning, Texas Inter-Faith Housing
- Robert U. Fein, Red Stone Equity Partners
- Hollis Fitch, Fitch Irick Corporation*
- Wendell C. Franklin, The Franklin Johnston Group
- John W. Gahan III, Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Jerome L. Garciano, Robinson & Cole LLP
- Jim Gillespie, Bellwether Enterprise Real Estate Capital LLC
- John Gilmore IV, Walker & Dunlop, LLC
- Amy Glassman, Ballard Spahr LLP
- David Godschalk, North Fork LLC
- Joshua Greenblatt, Vesta / Choice Housing Investments
- Matt Grosz, Red Stone Equity Partners
- Timothy I Henkel, Pennrose, LLC
- Chris Hite, Sugar Creek Capital
- Scott Hoekman, Enterprise Housing Credit Investments, LLC*
- Matthew Holden, Sparhawk Group
- Alysse Hollis, Coats Rose
- Rhett J. Holmes, IDP Properties
- Merrill Hoopengardner, National Trust Community Investment Corporation
- Dayna M. Hutchins, Holland & Knight LLP
- Gary Jennison, Jr., Corcoran Jennison Companies
- Bryan Keller, RubinBrown LLP
- Jeffrey Kittle, Kittle Property Group, Inc.
- Debra F. Koehler, Sage Partners, LLC
- Barry Krinsky, Citi Community Capital
- Allison Kunis, Alpha Verde Holdings, LLC
- Timothy Leonhard, Berkadia
- Efrem Levy, Reno & Cavanaugh PLLC
- John F. Mackey, Trinity Financial Inc.
- William G. MacRostie, MacRostie Historic Advisors LLC
- Mark S. McDaniel, Cinnaire
- Brett Meringoff, Fairstead
- Darrick Metz, WNC & Associates, Inc.
- Russell Mohr, Benjamin Development Co. Inc.
- Helen Muniz, John D’Amelia and Associates
- D. Garry Munson, Whitney Capital Company LLC
- Arjun Nagarkatti, AMCAL Multi-Housing Inc.
- Kent Neumann, Tiber Hudson LLC
- Stephen M. Nolan, Nolan Sheehan Patten LLP
- R. Wade Norris, Norris George & Ostrow PLLC
- Cynthia Langelier Paine, Blank Rome LLP
- Richelle Patton, Collaborative Housing Solutions
- Tracy W. Peters, Lument
- Marshall E. Phillips, CohnReznick LLP
- Josh Plattner, Belveron Real Estate Partners
- Paula Prahl, Dominium Development & Acquisition, LLC
- David E. Raderman, Gallagher Evelius & Jones LLP
- Basil P. Rallis, Bayside Communities
- Charles A. Rhuda III, Novogradac & Company LLP
- Caleb Roope, Pacific West Communities, Inc.
- Daniel Rosen, Klein Hornig LLP
- John B. Rucker III, Stifel
- Vasilios Salamandrakis, Affordable Housing Access
- Mark Schuster, Wingate Companies
- Jay R. Segel, R4 Capital LLC
- Corine Sheridan, Berkadia
- Brooke Shorett, Vitus*
- Bryan Shumway, Wishrock Housing Partners LLC
- Victor Sostar, Regions Affordable Housing
- James Spound, R4 Capital Funding
- Gary Stenson, MetroPlains Management LLC
- William Stetson, The Carabetta Companies
- Monica Hilton Sussman, Nixon Peabody LLP
- Mark Sween, Dominium Development & Acquisition, LLC
- Pete TenEyck, PGIM Real Estate
- Ronne Lynn Thielen, R4 Capital LLC
- Craig S. Wagner, RBC Community Investments
- George Weidenfeller, Telesis Corporation
- Ira Weinstein, CohnReznick LLP
- William L. Whitman, New Community Partners LLC
- Stephanie Wiggins, PGIM Real Estate
- Evan Williams, Capital One Bank
- Jeffrey J. Woda, Woda Cooper Companies, Inc.
- Kyle Wolff, Stratford Capital Group
- Roger Yorkshaitis, Gatehouse Group, Inc.
- Heidi Zimmer, Superior Living Arts, LLC
* Indicates new board members.
NH&RA is a national trade association of affordable housing development and finance professionals. Our members span the gamut of affordable housing professionals including developers, owners and operators, third-party compliance contractors, tax credit (Low Income Housing Tax Credit, Historic Tax Credit, New Markets Tax Credit) investors and syndicators, lenders, lawyers, accountants, market analysts, appraisers, housing finance agencies and public housing authorities, among others.