Preservation Through Energy Efficiency: Asset Management Training Series
Effectively managing utility expenditures presents an important business opportunity for affordable housing owners in every stage of the development life-cycle. Targeted investments can decrease operating expenses and increase cash flow, open up new fee opportunities, increase effective rents and enhance the residual added value of an entire portfolio.
Enter NH&RA’s Preservation Through Energy Efficiency (PTEE). With generous support from the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, this educational curriculum was designed to empower decision-makers at affordable housing companies to take immediate executive actions that can create portfolio-wide energy and water efficiencies.
The initiative featured a series of five regional “Road Shows”, convening affordable housing executives, along with technical and financial experts to discuss transactional opportunities around energy and utility efficiency. This course is a film recording of the NH&RA’s final road show in Chicago. Session highlights include:
- Putting it All in Context: Successful Case Examples
- Spotlight on Water Management
- Leveraging Local Programs & Resources: Utility Programs & Other Local Partnerships
- Evaluating Retrofit Financing Options
- Assessing Your Portfolio’s Needs: Making Data Driven Decisions
- Creating Buy-in: Implementing Staff & Resident Engagement Strategies
- Tying It All Together: Lessons Learned & Practical Advice
6 Continuing Education (CE) credits will be offered to those who complete the full course.