NH&RA Member Town Hall – Navigating GC Issues During COVID-19
National Housing and Rehabilitation Association hosted this members-only town hall to explore issues our members are facing relating construction and general contracting issues during the COVID-19 crisis. Key topics that were discussed include:
- Navigating General Contract Issues Related to Stop Work Orders including:
- Time extensions
- Liquidated damages
- Impact costs
- Understanding Force Majeure and Suspension of Work Clauses
- Analyzing Construction Delay Costs
- Negotiating with Your GC
- and much more…
The following panelists shared how they are currently responding to these issues and more during the pandemic followed by an open forum for panelists and audience members to engage one another on critical topics.
- Thom Amdur, President, National Housing & Rehabilitation Association
- Robert F. Cleckner, Jr., Senior Project Manager, The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company
- Darcy Jameson, VP, Development, Beacon Communities
- Michael McCleery, President, USA Construction Management
- Tony Starr, Co-Chair, Construction Law Practice, Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, P.C.