Freddie Mac recently announced its highest-producing multifamily mortgage sellers of 2012. The “highest-producing” are those lenders who transacted the most financing volume with Freddie Mac over the year, including a record $28.8 billion in new multifamily volume, comprising 435,000 rental units, and resulting in over $21 billion in mortgage securitizations.
Three NH&RA members made the National Top Sellers List:
- CBRE Capital Markets, $6.2 Billion
- Berkadia Commercial Mortgage, $3.6 Billion
- (Tie for third) Wells Fargo Multifamily Capital, $2.4 Billion & Holliday Fenoglio Fowler, L.P., $2.4 Billion
- Walker & Dunlop, LLC, $2.3 Billion
- NorthMarq Capital, LLC, $1.9 Billion
NH&RA member firm CBRE Capital Markets was also the top seller in the Central and Western Freddie Mac multifamily regions and member firms Wells Fargo Multifamily Capital, Citibank, and Oak Grove Commercial Mortgage were the top targeted affordable housing sellers. Wells Fargo Multifamily Capital was also named one of the top seniors housing sellers.