California Governor Jerry Brown Vetoes NMTC and HTC Legislation
On September 29, California Governor Jerry Brown vetoed A.B. 1399, a bill to create a state new markets tax credit (NMTC), and A.B. 1999, to create a state historic rehabilitation tax credit (HTC). In separate veto messages, Brown said that he supported each program’s goals but that the costs should be weighed against other priorities during the state budget process.
QAP and Funding Deadlines
- Connecticut: The CHFA Board approved the 2014 Connecticut QAP. Applications are due on November 3, 2014.
- Michigan: Michigan Governor Rick Snyder approved the 2015-2016 Michigan QAP. The first round application deadline is October 1, 2014.
- New York: New York State Homes and Community Renewal (HCR), the Division of Housing and Community Renewal and the NYS Housing Trust Fund Corporation have announced the latest round of funding available through their Unified Funding application process. The application deadline for early round projects is Tuesday, October 7, 2014, by 5:00 PM. The application deadline for all other projects is Thursday, December 4, 2014, by 5:00 PM.
- Ohio: The OHFA Board approved the 2015 Ohio QAP on September 27. Approximately $27 million in resources will be distributed throughout the state to support the development of affordable rental housing. A training will be held on October 6, 2014. The deadline to submit an application is December 19, 2014.
- Pennsylvania: All applications for the 2015 cycle will be due on January 30, 2015.There will only be one funding cycle in 2015.
- Utah: Governor Gary R. Herbert approved the 2015 Utah Qualified Allocation Plan. The application deadline is October 6, 2014.
QAP Drafts, Comment Periods, & Public Hearings
- Alabama: AHFA will conduct a public hearing for the proposed 2015 HOME Action Plan and the 2015 QAP on October 8, 2014.
- Arkansas: ADFA released proposed changes to ADFA Housing Policies for 2014-2015 and will be accepting additional proposals or comments until October 10, 2014.
- California: CTCAC will host 5 public hearings between September 29-October 2 to discuss the proposed changes for the 2015 QAP.
- Colorado: CHFA will host three public hearings in Colorado regarding the 2015 QAP on October 1, October 2, and October 16.
- Kentucky: KHC released the draft Multifamily Finance Guidelines for the 2015 funding round. The guidelines are available for review and are posted on KHC’s website.
- Nebraska: NIFA will hold a public hearing with respect to the 2015 QAP on October 2, 2014.
- North Carolina : The first draft of the 2014 North Carolina QAP is now available. Please submit comments to email@example.com by October 17. A public hearing will be held on October 16.
- Tennessee: THDA is accepting comments on the Consolidated Annual Performance Evaluation Report (CAPER) for the four Programs covered under HUD’s Consolidated Planning (CDBG, HOME, ESG, and HOPWA).