The Alabama Housing Finance Authority paused 8609 inspections during COVID but intends to begin implementing 8609s again soon. Below are some reminders about 8609 inspections:
Triggers to Schedule an 8609 Inspection:
- Cost Certification received;
- Construction Status report: 100 percent completion for two consecutive quarters; and
- You may delay inspection approval if punch list items are still outstanding.
Items Used to Create Inspection Checklist:
- Architect Certification forms with Energy Conservation/Building Codes/Section 504 Elections;
- Schematic Site Plan;
- Capital Needs Summary & Assessment (if applicable);
- Changes due to deviation and/or change requests;
- Award year DQS Standards, including landscaping requirements; and
- Application information submitted through the DMS database portal.