The California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) released the draft 2020-21 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER) for public comment.
The CAPER is being prepared for submittal to HUD and reports on specified federal housing and economic assistance allocated by the state for the period July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022. The CAPER does not include funding distributed directly to local jurisdictions (defined as entitlement jurisdictions) by the federal government.
In the 2020-2024 Consolidated Plan, the state set the following affordable housing and community development goals for low-income households and communities to:
- Increase housing affordability;
- Address and prevent homelessness;
- Increase economic development opportunities;
- Maintain or improve public facilities and infrastructure; and
- Maintain or improve access to public services and recovery assistance for natural disaster survivors.