As we approach the new year, I wanted to reach out with an update to our Project Development Manual (PDM). This update provides information on important changes to the Applicability of the PDM to some Department programs. This update also provides important information about how the Department is responding to the Solar-Ready and Electric Vehicle Ready aspects of Governor Brown’s signed Executive Order 17-20.
PDM chapters that have been updated from version 2017.12.01 are posted as a single file here: www.oregon.gov/ohcs/HD/MFH/PDM-Update-2018-R1.pdf
This PDM update will apply to all projects submitting fund applications on or after January 1, 2019. This update does not include projects responding to NOFAs published in 2018 (the current LIFT Rental NOFA, LIFT Homeownership NOFA, and the 4% Preservation Gap NOFA).
The most substantive aspects of this update are as follows:
Reminder: Updated Capital Needs Assessment (CNA) Requirements
As announced in a Technical Advisory sent out this summer, the updated CNA requirements are available and will apply to all applications submitted to fund offerings made on or after January 1, 2019 as well as any 4% LIHTC applications or pre-applications submitted on or after January 1, 2019.2. Revised Chapter 1.3; Applicability
This update modifies how the PDM applies to some funding programs as follows:
- Increases document submission requirements for some funding programs as required under Part 4 of the PDM, Development Process Portal (PDP)
- Adds a requirement for compliance with Part 7 of the PDM, Sustainable Development Standards (SDS) to some programs including 4% LIHTC and LIFT.
Revised Chapter 5.2; Development Team Requirements
This update includes the following:
- Modifies insurance requirements.
- Modifies Section 5.2.06; 3); d), pertaining to contractual relationship between engineering disciplines and the Architect.
Revised Chapter 7.1; Sustainability Policy Modules
This update responds, in part, to Executive Order 17-20 and includes the following:
Modifies Sustainability Requirements for Rehabilitation Projects / Eliminates the Department’s “Green Building Worksheet”
- Establishes OHCS Solar-Ready Requirements
- Establishes OHCS Electric Vehicle Ready Requirements
Please direct any questions regarding this notice to Kevin Burgee: Kevin.Burgee@oregon.gov or 503-986-6773
Julie V. Cody
Assistant Director for Housing Finance