Website National Affordable Housing Trust, Inc.
National Affordable Housing Trust
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Reports to: CFO
Exempt Classification: Exempt
Status: Regular, Full-Time
People are the center of everything we do-the people who call our communities home, our staff, and
our business colleagues. As a mission-first syndicator with a commitment to racial equity and inclusion,
we strategically partner with developers and investors to create and preserve affordable, quality rental
homes that promote thriving and resilient communities.
Summary of Position
The Accounting Manager is responsible for timely and accurate preparation of all corporate and investor
fund financial statements in conformance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. They are also
responsible for meeting all quarterly and annual reporting requirements of the investor fund
This position assists the CFO with the financial affairs of the organization and with preparation of
financial analyses of operations, including interim financial statements with supporting schedules, for
the guidance of management.
The position involves supervision of finance/accounting and investor reporting operations.
This position is responsible for evaluating the performance of finance/accounting personnel,
recommending training requirements, and keeping staff at the highest level of skill necessary to meet
company needs and objectives.
Specific responsibilities of the Accounting Manager include, but are not limited to the following:
▪ Assuring accurate preparation of corporate financial statements on a monthly, quarterly and
annual basis for NAHT, its affiliates and all investor funds in accordance with GAAP
▪ Reviewing and implementing corporate financial procedures to maximize efficiencies and assure
adequate internal controls are in place
▪ Acting as point of contact for all investor fund accounting
▪ Reviewing and analyzing corporate actual to budget performance monthly
▪ Reporting to bankers on financial performance in compliance with all corporate loan covenants
▪ Reviewing all new contracts for appropriate financial statement treatment
Accounting Manager Page 2 of 3 revised 10/4/2022
▪ Working with external auditors to prepare NAHT annual corporate audit and Form 990
▪ Furnishing internal reports, revising and updating reports to be more useful and efficient and
furnishing external reports as necessary
▪ Building and maintaining relationships with various partners and stakeholders, including clients,
staff and various entities involved in the transactions
▪ Monitoring receivables and the collection of past due accounts
▪ Overseeing and reviewing all fund analysis and investor reports
▪ Overseeing all investor fund annual audits and tax returns
▪ Ensuring all property audits and tax returns are reviewed and completed within due dates
▪ Assisting as needed in other asset management functions
▪ Overseeing cash wire transfers and monitoring
▪ Supporting and directing efficiencies through development of processes using the Starta
▪ Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of federal and state GAAP and tax regulations
▪ Performing other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements
▪ Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting, Finance, or related field
▪ CPA designation and/or MBA
▪ 5-7 years experience in tax accounting, Low Income Housing Tax Credit, fund analysis and
▪ Financial management experience
▪ Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs and in particular Excel and Word. Working
knowledge of financial modeling preferred.
▪ Previous experience with industry-specific financial models
▪ Strong communication and relationship management skills
▪ Excellent skills in managing multiple tasks and competing priorities requiring strong attention
▪ Excellent management and supervisory skills
Physical and Environmental Demands
Work will be conducted in an office environment. The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
▪ Employee must have the ability to provide regular and dependable in-office attendance to
support office interpersonal communication, face to face relationships and the collaborative
nature of the position as determined by the Company.
▪ Employees must also periodically deal with interruptions due to activity in the work area.
Forward cover letter and resume to:
Or Mail To:
National Affordable Housing Trust
Attention: Human Resources
2445 North Bank Drive, Suite 200
Accounting Manager Page 3 of 3 revised 10/4/2022
Columbus, OH 43220
This position description is intended to describe the type and level of work that will be performed by a
person assigned to this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of a person so
NAHT is an Equal Opportunity Employer and promotes excellence through the principles of racial
equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, national
origin, or religion.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com