Building material costs are up 21% compared to a year ago. Labor costs surged 4% on a year-on-year basis, the biggest leap in 20 years. U.S. inflation hit a 39-year high of 7%. Across the board, construction and labor costs have increased dramatically from record highs in 2020 and 2021 and experts expect this trend to continue through 2022 and beyond. HFAs have a critical role to play in helping ensure deals are able to accommodate these huge increases and make it to the closing table.
Don’t miss your chance to hear directly from leading, development, construction and policy professionals at our Unmute the Mic: Managing Construction Costs in 2022 webinar and learn how they’re navigating the turbulent times while keeping their deals moving forward.
- Timothy Henkel, President, Pennrose, LLC
- Rush Lincoln, Senior Vice President, Environmental and Construction Risk Management, R4 Capital
- Brian McGeady, Managing Partner, MVAH Partners
- Steve Rubin, Project Development Executive, Harkins Builders, Inc
- James Tassos, National Council of State Housing Agencies
1.2 Continuing Education (CE) credits will be offered to those who complete the full course.