While tax credit equity remains the biggest industry concern, debt financing is also elusive for many developers. 2010 promises to be a challenging year–originations are down, underwriting standards are only becoming stricter and, with then end of the TCAP program and declining state budgets, gap financing will become even more difficult to obtain.
NH&RA has put together an All Star Panel to help you navigate the challenging debt environment at our 2010 Affordable Housing Conference & Annual Meeting, March 10-13 at the Ritz-Carlton South Beach, Miami Beach, Florida. We will explore key-topics including:
- FHA Financing: How does it work? Who is using it? What projects work with FHA?
- Bond Market & Multifamily Debt Update
Our expert panelists include:
- David Reznick, Chairman, Reznick Group
- Tim Leonhard, Executive Vice President, Oak Grove Capital
- Monica Sussman, Partner, Nixon Peabody
- John Rucker, Executive Vice-President, Merchant Capital
- Jeff Banker, Vice-President, Lancaster Pollard
Special Guest, Chris Tawa, Senior Advisor to Deputy Assistant Secretary For Multifamily Housing Programs, US Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD).
Chris Tawa joined the Federal Housing Administration in September as its principal adviser on finance and policy issues affecting affordable housing development and preservation and to provide advice on programmatic and organizational issues. He is senior adviser to Carol Galante, DAS for multifamily housing programs at HUD and was previously a senior vice president of the affordable debt group at MMA Financial, where he was an active member of NH&RA.
Online registration and hotel reservations are now open. Questions? Contact Thom Amdur at 202-939-1753 or email@example.com or visit our website.