The U.S. Treasury’s Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFI) Fund has announced that it is soliciting comments from the public concerning the CDFI Programs Awardee/Allocatee Annual Reports, which comprise certain reporting requirements for participants in the CDFI Program, the Native American CDFI Assistance (NACA) Program, and the New Markets Tax Credits (NMTC) Program. The Fund is inviting comments on all aspects of the reports, but particularly in the areas of:
- Cost for CDFIs and CDEs to operate and maintain the services/systems required to provide the required information;
- Ways to enhance the quality, utility and clarity of the information to be collected;
- Whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper evaluation of the effectiveness and impact of the CDFI Fund’s programs;
- Ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information, including through the use of technology, and;
- Potential methods to improve the data quality, internal accounting and efficiency of reporting transactions for serving other targeted populations.