The Massachusetts Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) is contemplating changes to several aspects of the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program for FY 2012. The Department is considering the following specific changes:
- In order to apply, a community must demonstrate that 100% of 2009 and 80% of 2010 funds have been expended;
- Modifies the application due date to December 16, 2011;
- Modifies specific performance criteria for award decisions;
- Modifies maximum grant amounts for certain project categories;
- A Community Development Fund (CDF) community that receives an award from the CDF is precluded from applying for a CDF program award for the following fiscal year.