The National Park Service’s Technical Preservation Services recently announced a new series of free monthly educational webinars focusing on the historic tax credit program, the Secretary’s Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties, technical preservation issues and other preservation-related subjects. The first webinar, “Applying for the Federal Historic Tax Credit,” is scheduled for July 11 and will cover topics such as:
- What is the tax credit?
- What buildings qualify for the credit?
- What expenditures qualify for the credit?
- What is a certified rehabilitation?
- What is the application process?
- Jo Ellen Hensley, Architectural Historian, National Park Service
- Jessica Richardson, Certified Local Government Coordinator/Tax Act Reviewer, Louisiana Division of Historic Preservation
Registration is limited so interested participants should register on the TPS website in advance.