- Minnesota: Minnesota Housing announced the availability of an estimated $70 million in funding through the 2014 consolidated Request for Proposals (RFP) and $12.5 million in 2015 Housing Tax Credits (Round 1). The application deadline is June 10, 2014 by 5:00 PM.
QAP Drafts, Comment Periods, & Public Hearings
- Alaska: AHFC released an updated version of the 2014 GOAL Program Rating and Award Criteria (the Alaska QAP). If approved at the May 14 Board of Directors meeting, AHFC anticipates the pre-application process will be announced the following week.
- Michigan: MSHDA draft 015-2016 QAP is available on their website.
- Minnesota: Minnesota Housing is seeking input from partners and stakeholders early in their planning process to develop an effective Affordable Housing Plan (the Agency’s annual business plan) for 2015. Comments are due by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 9, 2014. Additionally, Minnesota Housing Finance Agency has published a draft of the proposed 2016 Housing Tax Credit Qualified Allocation Plan (QAP), and is seeking public comment on the proposed amendments.
- Oregon: The Draft Oregon 2014 QAP is available and you may view the draft on Oregon Housing and Community Services’ website.
- Massachusetts: Massachusetts Department of Housing and Community Development and the Executive Office of Health and Human Services received a $5 million Section 811 Project Rental Assistance Award from the U.S. Department of HUD in 2013. DHCD will host an information session on Friday, May 9 for interested developers on the Section 811 Program.
- New Jersey: New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency anticipates that up to $190 million will be allocated to the Fund for the Restoration of Multifamily Housing (FRM) and $25 million will be allocated to the Sandy Special Needs Housing Fund through the state’s 2014 CDBG funding. HMFA will host an informational session on May 13 in Trenton, NJ to learn about the proposed guideline changes to these programs.
- Ohio: Ohio Housing Finance Agency (OHFA) is seeking comments for the 2014 Housing Development Gap Financing Program. OHFA staff will continue to obtain and consider comments until June 1, 2014.
Training & Workshops
- Ohio: OHFA will host a Housing Tax Credit Compliance Training on May 20 in Columbus, OH and on May 22 in Independence.
Other State News
- California: Effective immediately, CTCAC is implementing a moratorium on subordinating existing regulatory agreements to acquisition or refinancing debt. Please visit CTCAC’s website to view the memo outlining the policy changes.